Web Site Design Features
Web sites by SKDesigns are known for their clean, high quality graphics, fast-loading pages, logical and well-organized navigation, and overall effective design and layout. Clients have been delighted, and the majority of new clients are referrals from existing clients.
Below is a guideline of what you can expect from SKDesigns for a new Web site or site redesign. Shirley Kaiser, owner of SKDesigns, is readily available to discuss your needs with you and work out an agreeable plan within your budget.
Attention to Detail: A typical Web site will include the following important details:
- Search engine friendly: Designs are optimized for high search engine rankings.
- Highest quality custom graphics: Created and designed to complement the wonderful variety of information and products contained at your Web site.
- Widely accessible: The greatest access to the widest possible audience by use of HTML markup that accommodates most Web browsers and many alternative devices.
- Fast-loading: Attention to maintaining low bandwidth for each page at your Web site for quick-loading pages, which includes optimizes graphics to the lowest possible file size while also maintaining their high quality appearance.
- User-friendly navigation: Ease of maneuverability throughout the Web site, including interconnecting links to main subject areas, “top of page” links as needed and “back” links to section index pages as needed.
- Consistency of design throughout the Web site: Consistent colors, graphics, layout, typeface and all other design elements.
- Scanning: High quality color scanning of photographs and other materials if needed, which includes minor touch-ups and cropping as needed.
- Thorough testing: the entire Web site is tested to ensure that all these details are in place, that all the links function properly, that all the pages represent the professional appearance necessary for your Web site, that the entire site works as intended.
- Critiques/Reviews of your Web site during its development by fellow Web design colleagues and other net-savvy professionals for all aspects of Web design and marketing.
Also generally included are the following elements:
- Main Table of Contents page (Home page) with custom header reflecting your business.
- Table of Contents pages for sections with two or more pages with “back” links within section to the section's Table of Contents.
- Each page will have a custom header graphic and an appropriate page title and subheading graphics if needed.
Your Web Site Package
Included in the initial Web site design/building package:
I will provide in writing a fairly detailed description of your Web site, what your Web site package will include and what are considered extras.
I gear my recommendations toward getting the most exposure with the least amount of expense for my clients. I consider working with you a team effort.
The initial cost of your Web site includes the elements and details as described above, and other items described below. Additional costs will be indicated as well, with cost breakdown.
- Custom-designed graphics for main (home) page, based on your existing business logo if applicable.
- Custom-designed logo graphic headers for each page throughout the site, as appropriate.
- All necessary HTML and CSS, including meta-tags (complex layouts and data tables cost slightly extra).
- All final copy text and information is to be provided by the client and provided via floppy disk or zip drive disk, ftp site, or sent to SKDesigns by e-mail. Otherwise there will be a small charge for typing.
Upon receipt of final payment and completion of your site:
- Uploading your Web site to your Web site or sending the files and images to you via email, whichever you prefer.
Package does NOT include:
- Authoring or editing (cost varies depending on page content and needs, but is based on the specified hourly fee).
- Typing of text (cost is my hourly rate charge).
- Extensive touch-up work of graphics or photos, re-design, or logo design.
- Repeated consultations past the initial 1 hour included.
- Additional pages or graphics not specified in the written proposal.
The cost of designing and building the Web site is based on an hourly fee, not by the page. However, please note that a 'page' is considered the equivalent of one printed 8-1/2" x 11" page.
The signed contract and deposit are required to proceed with the Web site design and construction. SKDesigns accepts payments online via PayPal or by check. Checks may be made payable to SKDesigns and sent to:SKDesigns
5150 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 101
Carmichael, CA 95608
Depending on the size and duration of the project, incremental payments may be required along the way. Upon completion of the Web site by SKDesigns, the final balance will be due and payable. As soon as payment is received, the Web site files will be uploaded (via ftp) to the client's Web site or sent to the client by email by SKDesigns (whichever the client prefers).
Additional work not included in the written proposal will be added to the balance. Payment in full is required prior to uploading the pages to your Web site (or sending the files via email). See also our Questions & Answers FAQ for more on fees and payment schedules.
Disclaimer: The above information is for informational purposes only. Your Web site needs and budget may require different details.